Well, you know, all you're going to get is a few resolutions.
Next year, at this time, these are the things I hope to have accomplished:
1. Set and live by a budget. (GASP! The Horror!) Seriously, though, I need to get a handle on my finances and figure out exactly what's coming in and better monitor what's going out. Maggie sent me her spreadsheets forever ago and I've not done a thing with them yet. That changes this weekend.
2. Build up savings. Eventually, I'd like to have at least 6 months worth of expenses saved, but that's not realistically going to happen in 2011, unless I encounter some awesome unforeseen windfall. I'll settle for adding at least $50 a week to my coffers for now. (And that does NOT mean putting in $50 on Friday and taking out $100 on Monday, Little Miss Spendthrift!)
3. Get a handle on that laundry mess. Grown people don't pile their clean clothes on a table. Grown people fold their clothes and hang their clothes and match up their socks and put their clothes away so they can easily find their clothes so they don't have a fucking meltdown each morning as they're trying to figure out what they're going to wear for work. I need to handle that.
4. Speaking of household chores - keeping your rooms clean isn't too much to ask, really, is it? RoomS, as in, all of them. There's no reason I can't keep the house neat and tidy. Again, grown people....
5. I want to have a baby. If I could pregnant right away and get the baby here by the end of 2011, that'd be great, but if not, could I at least by this time next year be pregnant with a baby I'll carry to term? I won't mind if it takes a while for us to get one that's going to stick, just so long as we don't have to go through that horrible loss again; just so long as we can have one successful pregnancy. Just one. That's all I'm asking here.
6. I want to be a better manager. I want to be a better employee. I want to make myself more valuable to my company, and in return, I want to make more money.
7. I'm going to lose 50 pounds in 2011. Unless I get pregnant, in which case, God help me, I'll probably gain 50 pounds, so my 2012 goal will be to lose 100 pounds. How about I forget the number game and just vow to eat better and get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day? That's gotta count for something.
8. I will take a picture every day. What I'll do with those pictures remains to be seen, but I want them.
9. More crafts. I need things to hang on the walls. And to occupy my time.
10. Volunteering - I'm going to do it. I don't know what or where, but I have so much and I need to give back and I don't have any money so my time will have to do.
That's a lot of goals, right? Not really, I guess. I wonder how many I'll have forgotten about this time next week?