...but don't have enough to say on each topic to make up a full blog entry so I'll just lump them all together here:
1. I've been engaged three times. The man I married was the third, and I wore the dress I'd bought planning to marry the second. I never really intended to marry the first, I think - I was 16, for crying out loud! Is it ironic that I've ended up pledging my life to man who claims to not believe in marriage?
2. The poorest person I've ever known works 50 hours a week, has worked at the same company for over 20 years, and is a Veteran of the United States Armed Services. He and his wife had two children, but placed them for adoption - they couldn't afford food and diapers and wanted to give the boys a better life.
3. Something like half of the thank-you notes from my wedding in 2002 never got finished and mailed. I think about this almost weekly - is 9 years and a divorce later too long to send "I'm sorry it took so long, but we really appreciated the gift." notes? I think a nice touch would be a line at the bottom that says "We divorced in 2006 - your gift went with the wife, and I still think of you fondly when I use it." Classy, right?
4. Finn whines for at least 30 minutes after we get home from work each day - he carries around his "baby" (currently, a stuffed squirrel that's missing a foot and both ears) stuffed into his mouth as far as it'll go, whining a high-pitched cry. It's a sound I'd expect to hear if we'd locked him in the kitchen or broke out the kennel and told him it was his new home. But he's doing it while roaming freely from room to room, following close on my heels or lying next too me as I computer. It's not new, it's just odd as a box of hair.
5. I ran for a full 30 minutes last night. No stopping. No cheating. It's the first time I've exercised in weeks, and it was so hard, but it felt awesome and I want to do it again. I got all sweaty - that awesome feeling you get after you work really hard and get all sweaty? It's relatively foreign to me, but I dig it.
6. Jimi loves his new ukulele so much; he takes over his computer for hours every night so he can look up new songs and practice. It's amazing how much progress he's made in such a short amount of time. To be fair, he's got somewhat of a musical background with guitars, so it's not like stringed instruments are new to him, but I'm still super impressed. Just reinforces my growing belief that he knows something about everything and is good at everything. He's amazing, that man of mine.
7. Wait. This is starting to sound like a regular blog entry. Shit.